Loading...

Reading Aloud with Cata

Hello everyone!
If you really believe that reading aloud could help you to improve your spoken English, pronuciation, reading and listening skills feel free to contact me by skype id: catamari2006 or Second Life avatar name: Cata Charisma.

Feel free to find your favorite book, to open it and to read from it.
We can listen to each other performing from an eBook, website, news, so on.

You can find there books I have on my kindle:

Cata's Kindle Library

Good luck with your English!


Cata




Friday, February 18, 2011

How to learn a foreing language

Hi everyone,

I’ll try to explain. I think that to teach basic English, to speak and write a little even with some mistakes is very important to be for free, lovely, fun even funny sometimes.

I saw on myself. If I don’t know basic English was impossible to speak with you. Now I am really happy that I can do that.

I can study grammar in English, without any Romanian explanations. That’s great. I can feel English; I don’t need to think in Romanian. There is other great point. If I make often translations I will think in Romanian with English.

We can elaborate these ideas. But I think that teachers need to change fast their method to start to teach a language with rules. They need to imitate parents when they teach their new born kids.

And we, like adults, need to play a role like a new babies. Then to learn a new language will be a lovely habit.

I agree that for a job, for a company we need to know advanced English, grammar and so on. For that teachers can ask money, for certificates. But for Basic English, for survey, I think we need to help each other for free. If I want to survey with English I have no possibilities to pay for it. There is the point. We need to help each other for basic needs, and language is between needs now days.

Then I started to study English grammar for a job, for be able to have a job where I need to use English. Same time I know that to speak with English teachers I need to know grammar.

I can speak more about that. Maybe I am wrong. Who know?

See you, soon!
Cata

p.s. just look at this example:

Patricia Kuhl: The linguistic genius of babies

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right, Cata. Language should be absorbed rather than studied. As you said, we need to remember that we learned to speak through mimicing utterances from our parents. Unfortunately, the ability of a teacher to be a parent is very difficult, if not impossible.

    You have the special secret to language learning; motivation and keen ear. If I could teach that I could really make a difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is possible if we’ll back in our childhood. We need to forget all rules, human rules. We need to look in nature, to think more natural, like babies. Some time can be hard. Just try to forget all mature things, be a child, a part of the nature. We, like human being, sometime need to think more about life and nature and little about rules. We need to feel all the time present time like kids. Don’t care about future or past. You can make some plans, but don’t think too much at it. Then I think like teachers we need to have all the time in our pockets spontaneous lessons. Then, after a little evolution like learners we can “teleport” on next level: study grammar, study business English, certificates and so on. For Basic English we need to be more natural without any rules. We need to keep alive our childhood inside us all the time in entire our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Practice English for free there!

Cata Charisma Deutsch Lernen


Here I started to study English. You can do it for free. Just go in Cypris Chat - Virtual World English Learning Community in Second Life. Don't have Second Life? Get started, it's free!

You can teleport in Virtlantis a free resource and open community of practice for language learners and teachers in the virtual worlds of Second Life. Don't have Second Life? Get started, it's free!