Loading...

Reading Aloud with Cata

Hello everyone!
If you really believe that reading aloud could help you to improve your spoken English, pronuciation, reading and listening skills feel free to contact me by skype id: catamari2006 or Second Life avatar name: Cata Charisma.

Feel free to find your favorite book, to open it and to read from it.
We can listen to each other performing from an eBook, website, news, so on.

You can find there books I have on my kindle:

Cata's Kindle Library

Good luck with your English!


Cata




Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why should we read together

For you sound like I would like everyone to listen to me reading?

I started to learn English by listening to others. I think that if you can listen to others you too can improve your English. Same time I want to listen to you, talking, speaking or reading something, using voice. If there are just you reading on your own in short time can be boring, without social feelings. At first I started to read alone with voice. It looks like a strange thing to do. When there is somebody listening to you reading with voice it’s very different in a good way.

If there is a very good English text or story why we need more discussion and correction? I agree with discussion or correction if there is my text, if I have composed the text, but if there is original English text why I need to correct it? I just learn from it.

About discussion. I agree with discussion about the text but there is another kind of activity, it is not reading activity. And to discuss a text I think we need to know very well English grammar, meaning …I am not a teacher yet. I just try to help with my level of English, to practice together with others, to improve our English. I wish to be an English teacher in the future.  We can note new words or expressions and try to discuss in another time than reading time, to make an activity for that. Again, I try to explain that this is another kind of activity, to understand English.

The benefit of meeting together and read, in my opinion, is that we can feel each other, we can understand between words more things by voice, by intonations, by stress on words or emotions. We need to make words to be alive somehow, by voice, like in a theatre play.

I agree, if you are a teacher or native English speaker you can help more and explain better about English. I try to help somehow without this knowledge. You know very well the sound of English, the music of this language and you can feel mistakes and certainly is a better way to teach English. Without these, we, like foreigners, how can we improve a language?

I try to do something for free. Like all free goods these things are not complete. We need to have English teachers to explain more about English or native English speakers to explain. Again, without them, how can I improve my English, for free? So, if you have  a chance to have an native English speaker like a teacher you can choose a better way to study. I have not yet. So I try to be my best with my own resources and online free resources which are a lots, fortunately.

Finally you have right. I am just a learner, a beginner yet. I can’t talk against you. You are a teacher and native English speaker too. You know the best way to teach because you saw already results with students, or with friends. I am alone in this project, to learn and to teach English. It is about my own efforts to practice English without any English speaker around me, only online.

I want to thank to all people who have practiced with me and I hope that my efforts will help others too.

I wait more questions. I will try to think, to learn to find better ways to study and to help others to do same.

See you, soon!

Cata

p.s. There is the text which give me the chance to explain a little. I wait more questions about how to study English. The answers can help myself and yourselves too. Hope to be the best way to learn a languages for everyone.

“Hi Cata. Interesting advice. It sounds to me like you would like everyone to listen to you reading; maybe because it feels like a performance. No discussion, no correction? Then why should we read together? You can read on your own. What is the benefit of meeting in a group to read?

You are definitely an exception when it comes to learning English. You are very active and extremely motivated to learn. It’s amazing how far you have come in just a year. But I would not encourage others to approach learning exactly as you have.

I agree that podcasts are a good way to practice pronunciation but not that everyone should just read anything. Read for meaning first in order to develop vocabulary. Read for sentence structure second to develop syntax and grammar structure. Read for inferences next, to synthesize meaning and develop opinions and ideas based on what you read. This last point is what we practice in the reading circles.

What do you think? I’d love to hear your opinion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practice English for free there!

Cata Charisma Deutsch Lernen


Here I started to study English. You can do it for free. Just go in Cypris Chat - Virtual World English Learning Community in Second Life. Don't have Second Life? Get started, it's free!

You can teleport in Virtlantis a free resource and open community of practice for language learners and teachers in the virtual worlds of Second Life. Don't have Second Life? Get started, it's free!